Software Engineer (Vulnerability Data Curation)
GrammaTech is seeking a skilled software engineer to work on a new product for assessing the risk of security vulnerabilities in the software supply chain. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for the creation and curation of databases that relate code to security vulnerabilities. Close attention to detail is paramount.
Preference is to be in Bethesda, MD or Ithaca, NY but will consider remote candidates with the specific requirements and skills of the role.
- Create and maintain scripts to harvest raw data from package managers and vulnerability databases
- Curate the contents of the product database
- Work with an agile team to deliver the product to customers in both SaaS and on-premises contexts
- Explore innovative ways to expand the scope of the database, its production, and its management
- BS or better in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of experience in agile software development
- Experience in code-level software security
- Experience with SaaS products deployed with Docker containerization under Kubernetes
- Databases – both SQL and noSQL
- Package managers
- Building open-source projects from source for different platforms
- Compiler internals and machine code