Senior Database Engineer
The Senior Database Engineer is a combination of exceptional development skills and an architect mindset that is responsible for the development, operation, management, and high level architectural design decisions of the Datashield line of PAM solutions from the Access Controller Portfolio at Thycotic. This position provides full autonomy, ability to blue sky ideas and implement cutting edge technologies to enhance and turbocharge the Access Controller Suite of Products. Ensuring that timelines and quality goals are met are the core responsibilities of this position.
The Senior Database Engineer will report to the Senior Cloud Architect, Access Controller Suite and will work in conjunction with other senior architects. Ideally, the candidate is located either in the Washington, DC or San Francisco Bay Area, however, remote US-based candidates will be considered.
- Lead engineer for Datashield series of products, part of the Access Controller suite
- Interact and report directly to senior leadership, help make sure projects stay on track
- Encourage and ensure Agile development practices are being followed
- Create innovative solutions to push the envelope in terms of Database security
- Create and execute on plan for cloud resource management and monitoring for the Datashield series of products
- Lead the design and development process for Datashield to ensure that SaaS applications are fully scalable and built to last
- Setting expectations on timelines and roadmap features with other managers and executive stakeholders
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of database tuning experience
- 2+ years of architect level experience
- Needs to understand internals of connection protocols for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres
- Needs to have demonstrated ability to build high speed, scalable proxy-based infrastructure
- Needs to have a solid understanding of (TCP/UDP) packet level manipulation
- Needs to have a solid understanding of SSL in terms of database connection establishment and tear-down
- Needs to have a good understanding of nuances between multiple types of databases, what command to use for Oracle, versus what to use for another type of database
WHY WORK AT THYCOTIC?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed