Senior Data Architect
Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life.
Our customers have been asking for us to deliver a digital product experience that is as meaningful as the physical product experience they already get from Lovevery. We are looking for an experienced Data Architect with graph database experience who is passionate about building systems to efficiently store and retrieve large amounts of dynamic data as well as optimizing our existing ETL and data processes.
The following attributes in a candidate are paramount:
- Architectural (Data) Vision – Lovevery’s co-founders and investors have big plans for how the brand can help families digitally, and it is up to you to architect and deliver the data pipeline and storage elements of the platform to achieve the company’s vision. You will do it all in a way that lays the groundwork for a scalable offering of digital products to create an extraordinary and unmatched experience for our users.
- Pragmatism – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rearchitecting eCommerce, data and analytics platforms, stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way. You must have the ability to look beyond the current technology stack to get things done.
- Humble Hustle - This role requires both vision and the ability to execute. It is not just designing systems but also being a part of the implementation team.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust and scalable way and developing a test suite to prevent regressions that will impact customers' experience with Lovevery.
- Business-Minded - You will define the ideal technical solution and at the same time articulate the building blocks and roadmap to that solution while working with the broader digital product team to articulate business trade-offs for each roadmap item.
- Strong collaboration - We’ve built a world-class team with passionate individuals who work well together and we only want to make the team even better. You must be able to communicate, collaborate, and work well with others from all different functions within the organization.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Digital Products and will grow with the company as the team scales. This is a strategic position for us, and we are only interested in top candidates who can grow with the business and can serve as a technical leader as the company grows.
If you are an experienced Data Architect with graph database experience and you have a passion for early childhood, you could be amazing in this role and be part of something special.
- Design, architect, refine, optimize and deliver a cloud-based data architecture to efficiently store and retrieve large amounts of dynamic data as well as optimize our existing ETL and data processes. The data platform architecture is a critical aspect of the entire digital team’s delivery of the product vision, roadmap, strategy and analytics.
- Work with the analytics team and business stakeholders to understand data requirements and current use cases, with a continual drive towards providing clearer and more accurate and actionable data.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems as well as make technical recommendations on make vs buy decisions.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the data architecture, platform, code, programming languages and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- Lead efforts to migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements.
- Optimize new and current database systems.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Design and implement data storage and removal procedures to meet GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy requirements.
- Work closely with and collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, designers, QA, Product Managers and Business functions to build, evolve and optimize needed systems and platforms.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You have a proven track record as a top performer for 5+ years in a similar role, preferably in a consumer internet business, digital community business, or consumer products business with a digital experience.
- You are interested in and have experience with cloud-based data processing and storage technologies.
- You have experience working with mobile apps clients.
- You have experience with eCommerce data analytics and ensuring clean eCommerce data for analysts out of solutions such as Shopify or Google Analytics.
- You have experience with cloud Big Data tools and platforms such as AWS Redshift, Athena, Datalakes, Clickhouse, Snowflake.
- You have built, extended, and automated ETL data pipelines.
- You have experience with Google Analytics 360 and BigQuery.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have 2+ years of experience with Graph DB (Neo4J experience would be advantageous).
- You have experience working with Kafka or another stream processing platform.
- You have excellent design, organizational and analytical abilities.
- You are an outstanding problem solver.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
- You have experience coding in Java, Python or Ruby and have a passion for writing code.
- You have an Intrinsic humble hustle.
- You have a “can do” attitude who comes with proposals for solutions rather than just identifying problems.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package