Technical QA Manager
Thycotic is looking for a Technical QA Manager to accomplish regular, high quality releases of enterprise software products.
This position is based in the Washington, DC headquarters, however a remote candidate may be considered.
- Perform dual role of test lead and test manager for a team of QA engineers responsible for the quality of a commercial software security product.
- Acquire technical product knowledge in order to lead and train the QA team on technical test projects.
- Create and execute manual and automated tests based on software release enhancements and defect corrections.
- Review and reproduce reported product issues and document with clear replication steps.
- Create and manage test plans, scheduling organizational resources and prioritizing test cases to meet deadlines.
- Drive the efficiency of software testing by balancing manual versus automated testing.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form QA plans, resourcing, and issues.
- Ability to work with and lead remote teams and contractors, including offshore teams with varied time zone differences.
- Measure and report QA statistics to drive efficiency, set priorities, and monitor performance
- Manage, configure, and maintain complex QA testing environments.
- Manage development of automated test execution using industry standard tools.
- Ability to work as a member of an agile/sprint team, handling QA verifications and acceptances of sprint work items.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of full-time work experience managing enterprise product QA – with Privilege Access Management preferred.
- 2+ years of full-time work experience working with offshore QA teams.
- Experience with development of automated tests.
- Experience with testing and configuring complex, secure, multi-server environments that leverage SQL Server databases, IIS and load balancers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to rapidly get up to speed on products and environments.
- Proven ability to effectively engage and work with sales, technical support, engineering, and other teams within an organization to drive customer success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PowerShell, SQL and other scripting skills
- QA experience with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server.
- Working experience with cloud deployments on Microsoft Azure is a significant plus.
- Any Windows or SQL Server certifications a plus.
WHY WORK AT THYCOTIC?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.