Senior Python Developer Interested in Finance
Who we are
We are a team of passionate and intellectually diverse individuals, who are building financial services that help companies grow to their fullest potential. We believe that fast, fair, and equitable access to financial intelligence can level the playing field for high performing and high potential companies at any stage in their financing.
The Capital Machine is a systematic financial analysis tool that functions like Bloomberg, but for private companies. Private companies connect their data to the machine and receive financing offers within hours from Capital’s balance sheet. On the back-end, the machine analyzes and benchmarks company data, facilitating data-driven engagement between those who invest capital and those who need it to scale their businesses.
What you’ll contribute
As a Senior Product Engineer at Capital, you'll build tools to make capital access more efficient and transparent for businesses across the world. You'll work with a small team of designers and researchers to make easy-to-use, beautiful software for financial workflows currently dominated by spreadsheets, email, and powerpoint. You have deep expertise in building software systems and teams, are technology agnostic, and know how to ship and maintain software across the product development lifecycle.
Who you are
- You are a software engineer with strong computer science fundamentals (undergraduate degree or equivalent)
- You have 5+ years software engineering experience
- You have 5+ years experience working with Python or a similar language
- You have experience designing and implementing APIs using a broad range of technologies
- You’ve shipped an end-to-end product and understand how to build high-quality software in a complex, fast-moving product environment.
- You have experience working on--or are interested in learning about and solving--hard financial problems
How you'll be supported at Capital
- Unlimited PTO and flexible WFH policy
- Learning stipend to pursue any kind of professional development or continuing education related or not related to your field
- Platinum medical, vision and dental coverage and OneMedical membership for you and your dependents. Includes FSA & HSA options
- Unlimited parental leave plus fertility benefits
- 401k plans and co-investment opportunities so you can be a part of Capital's stellar investment performance
- Stipends for wellness, transportation, and electronics (laptops, headphones, monitors - anything you need to do your best work)
- Stocked office with 24/7 access and custom workstations
- Another request? Just let us know!