Senior Product Manager - Ingest - Beats
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re looking to add a new Product Management node to the Elastic Product cluster. At Elastic, we believe that the data analytics journey starts with data ingestion, and real-time insights requires data to be ingested scalably, securely, and ready for immediate usage in Elasticsearch. Beats are a suite of lightweight data shippers that enable users to collect and ship all types of data from logs and metrics to wire and security data.
As a Senior Product Manager for Beats, you’ll be involved in all things data collection and ingest, from directly impacting the roadmap to the overall go-to-market strategy. If you’re passionate about data ingestion and want to democratize data for all with open source software, then this job is for you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Engage with customers, users, and internal teams to understand use cases and product requirements, bringing those insights back to engineering
- Work with our engineers and designers on features across all Beats (Filebeat, Metricbeat, Functionbeat, etc.) like growing integrations, improving the core engine, and taking ease of use to the next level with centralized management capabilities
- Work with product marketing to showcase our ingest features and educate our global sales, support, and consulting teams
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of Beats
What You Bring Along
- 2+ years of proven track record in product management
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Technical understanding of data ingestion mechanics and architecture
- Prior experience with data collection agents or stream analytics products
- Curiosity, empathy, and a collaborative spirit
In Addition, You May Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in software development, DevOps, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering
- Hands-on experience with logging, metrics, and/or security analytics products and its audiences (Operations, Data Science, DevOps, SecOps, InfoSec)
- Comfort working with a highly distributed team across the world
- Open source software and/or commercial open source company experience
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack along with its products and use cases
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.