Java Agent/Instrumentation Developer
We are in search of someone who loves Java and wants to explore Java instrumentation technologies. Our Java agent customers do not limit themselves to only Java, so we have opportunities to dive deep into other JVM languages like Scala, Kotlin and Groovy.
The opportunity is to join our flagship team, which is our Java agent. It's our most widely adopted language/agent. It just happens to be our most mature and feature rich. We have so much more work to do with our technology, so let me assure you that joining this team will be a fun, wild ride.
Writing an application security agent is a responsibility we take very seriously at Contrast. Our customers trust us enough to run our agents directly in their applications. We're looking for an engineer to exercise that power carefully, to help us build a quality, thoroughly tested agent that our customers run with complete confidence. An ideal candidate is proficient in Java and wants to learn more about how their favorite frameworks work under the hood. They likely have professional Java experience, and/or may have contributed to open source frameworks and/or libraries, this could be a great opportunity for them to deepen their understanding of Java. Candidates interested in reverse engineering code and making it better with each iteration should apply.
Our Java Agent Engineers
- Design modular and well tested Java code bases
- Research and implement optimizations for frequently called code
- Develop and debug multi-threaded code applying Java concurrency best practices
- Develop an understanding of how Java's threads, locks, I/O, and garbage collection affect our agent and our users' applications
- Go beyond Java to support our users' Kotlin, Groovy, Scala, and Clojure code bases
- Profile Java applications to debug performance issues including memory and concurrency issues
- Build and run a fleet of containerized Java applications for testing our agent's compatibility with the vast Java ecosystem
- Automate everything
- Approach problems from a product perspective, keeping in mind how to solve problems for Java developers like themselves
- Have strong communication skills, are not afraid to ask questions, and share what they learn
- Solve hard problems and recognize that the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges
See the big picture, and understand how the code they write interacts with our users' systems
At Contrast, our goal is the make the Internet safer day by day. We are always interested in meeting talented and creative technologists who share this goal. We’ve built some amazing technology thus far and are shaking up the way the world looks at application security. We know that our products can get better with new voices and ideas. Are you looking to make a difference? Are you a problem solver, but want to be challenged with complex and interesting problems. Do you believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges? Do you long to be an early contributor to a product and a company culture? Do you ever wish you were there in the early days of these startups? Here's a little about what we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Daily team lunches (in our Baltimore office)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Choice of a MacBook Pro or Dell Laptop
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us. We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it. Solve the impossible. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.