Android Software Engineer
This position is for an experienced Android software engineer local to San Francisco, CA or residents of the United States to join our ~40 person engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a great full-stack knowledge of the Android platform and its tools.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience: You have at least 3 years of professional experience developing software for Android platform.
- Pragmatic: A problem solver with a passion for well-implemented solutions.
- Fast Learner: You're a software engineer who thrives on applying their knowledge and learning new technologies.
- You care about the product and don’t ignore potential pitfalls during design and implementation
- You are on top of the latest Android updates and understand new technologies as they become available
- You have a deep understanding of standard Android design patterns and RESTful API design
- We would love for you to show evidence of your work - preferably open-source contributions on Github, or elsewhere on the web.
Here's what you can expect to work on
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- Work in tandem with the web team to design flexible APIs that are used to power our apps
- Develop clean, modular code that can be reused across multiple apps
- Upgrade our code base to take advantage of the latest Android SDK updates, while maintaining backward compatibility with previous versions
- Maintain a high quality of code by monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
- Encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship and thorough code reviews
- Write automated Unit and Instrumentation tests to catch bugs before they’re released
A few facts about us
- We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of libraries, our own internal or open-sourced libs as well as auxiliary applications.
- We encourage new technologies and invest in the knowledge of our team through weekly knowledge sharing meetings and other resources
- We use cutting-edge technologies and architectures like RxJava, Data Binding, MVP, MVVM
- We are open to integrating 3rd-party libraries if we have positive proof of its benefit to the app or the code base, and we use many of the well-known and stable libraries like OkHttp, Retrofit, Picasso, etc
- We contribute to the community as well as our team by open-sourcing some of the useful parts of our apps
- We follow Google guidelines and suggested patterns using Material Design and Support Libraries
- We run an in-house GCM server to track, customize, and deploy push notifications to our users
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured "hack days" periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- Our mentorship program ensures you're immersed in the team's culture early on.
- You can find more details about our engineering stack and engineering blog.
About the Technical Stack
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, and commuter benefits
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- 12 company holidays, including company shutdown in December
- Fully ergonomic setup (chairs and stand-up desks)
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages
- Rooftop game room and deck with a beautiful view of SF skyline
- Team trips to fun places like Lake Tahoe, Sonoma, Seattle and Park City
- 5 year sabbatical
Doximity is the leading social network for healthcare professionals with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and were putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Our founder, Jeff Tangney, is the founder & former President and COO of Epocrates (IPO in 2010), and Nate Gross is the founder of digital health accelerator RockHealth. Our investors include top venture capital firms who've invested in Box, Salesforce, Skype, SpaceX, Tesla Motors, Twitter, Tumblr, Mulesoft, and Yammer. Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.