About Engineering @ Oportun
The Engineering team @ Oportun is dedicated to shipping performant, elegant, and intuitive software to our retail agents and directly to our customers. We provide the platform, software services, and interfaces that have enabled Oportun to serve over 1,000,000 customers with over $1.5 billion in life-changing, responsible loans disbursed. We work on a very unique platform, combining service-oriented platform services with sophisticated front-end user experiences, all enabled through a best-in-class (and fun to use!) automated development infrastructure. We prove that FinTech is more fun, more challenging, and in our case, more rewarding as we build technology that changes our customers’ lives.
What Are We Looking For In An Ideal Candidate?
- Desire for quick-iteration--working closely with design and product teams to make incremental and impactful enhancements to the frontend
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience with responsive web design (knowing what media queries are, for example, and when to use them) is key.
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Comfortable using the Atlassian tools to track your tasks and code (JIRA/Bitbucket)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience contributing front-end code to a publicly available, consumer-focused web application.
- A passion for quality design, and pixel-perfect implementation.
- 4 years (or more) experience shipping quality frontend code