Java Solutions Architect
Granbury Solutions is building a next generation technology stack for our restaurant and winery management platforms and we need your help. We're looking for a Java Solutions Architect to bring experience and leadership to our core point-of-sale team.
The ideal candidate knows how to take a product manager’s vision, break it down into the right design abstractions, and lead a team through the implementation process. The ideal candidate takes responsibility for the system after it ships and maintains close relationships with the operations team to keep the system healthy and performant.
You'll work with people who are as nice as they are smart. You'll get the guidance you need and you won't be shamed when you stumble across a problem you don't know how to solve on your own. You'll deal with a minimum of corporate nonsense and get the freedom to do things right.
And you'll do all this from the comfort of your own home. This is a remote position, but you'll keep in touch with your team with daily virtual standups. We'll pick a spot on the map every so often and get together for a technical conference or in person design confab. But most importantly, you'll give hard working locally owned businesses a real chance in their struggle against the empire. Seriously.
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years experience developing Java web applications.
- At least 3 years in a lead or architect role.
- At least 3 years experience managing and mentoring a small development team.
- At least 5 years with the Spring Framework.
- Experience with and fanatical belief in Test Driven Development with JUnit or TestNG.
- Experience with build tools like Maven and Gradle.
- At least 5 years experience with developing applications for Linux web servers. (CentOS preferred.)
- At least 5 years experience building Java applications on relational databases. (MySQL or Postgres preferred.)
- A working knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Route 53, S3, RDS, and Elastic Load Balancing.
- At least one project in production on a NoSQL database. (Couchbase preferred.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to do things right and the ability to take ownership of difficult problems.
- Continuous integration platforms like Bamboo or Jenkins (Jenkins preferred).
- Enough experience with JPA or Hibernate to know why they need to be phased out.
- Experience with a configuration management system like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or AWS Cloud Formation.
- Enough experience with Agile development methodologies to see their strengths and weaknesses.
- Payment card industry experience or experience building PCI compliant systems.
- Experience with asynchronous messaging systems like MQ Series, JMS, or Rabbit MQ.
- Experience with custom PXE based hardware imaging techniques. (Anaconda, kickstart, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying software as RPM's. (You've created an RPM build spec.)
- Experience with embedded development on Verifone or Ingenico payment devices. (Long shot, we know.)